Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tai Dong Teochew Braised Duck Rice

The last time I tasted my favourite braised duck rice was probably 1 year ago or more. So recently, Kless and I took a 20mins walk from Suntec to Raffles Place to indulge in this ‘heavenly’ dish once again.

The duck here is fragrantly flavoured with a richness of dark soya sauce and some spice-infused gravy. MUST TRY!

Teochew Braised Duck (half a duck).JPG

Side dishes are crucial. This braised tau kwa and braised eggs are soaked in the same gravy like the duck. Definitely a plus to have.

Stewed eggs & Tau Kwa.JPG

Braised peanuts. This could be the most softened peanuts I have ever tasted. Every peanut has absorbed the sauce deep into it’s core. Just with this dish, I can easily finish one bowl of rice.

Stewed Peanuts.JPG

Stewed cabbage with tau kee. Though it’s not prepared the same as the other side dishes, but this is one of the most sellable dish in the shop. I will always order this side dish first just to ensure I have a plate.

Cabbage Stew with Tau Kee.JPG

A meal here is usually about $6-7 per pax with drinks. The place is usually super packed by 1215pm. Be there earlier if possible.

No. 9 Lorong Telok (Circular Road & behind Boat Quay)
City Front Kopitiam,
Tel: 6532-3226
Operating Hours:
Mondays to Saturdays: 10.30 am to 2.30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment