Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Common Interest For Couples

Kless can sing very well, I sound like a frog. I like sports but Kless hates to sweat. People says couples needs to have common interest to keep the fire going between them. We didn’t really have that for almost 2 decades. That is how long we have been together. In fact the only common thing we had all these years was serving in Church. Good and bad.

I have dreamed to be a photographer since young (that is besides being a Pastor). Actually I dreamt to be a war photo journalist. Don’t ask me why, I have no idea who planted that crazy thought in me.

Kless started to take photos when Joey was born. That was when she started to blog about the girls’ life. People says a picture paints a thousand words, I guess that is what interests her. Since then, it was no return and we went on a path together we never imagine we can ever have.

We started off with the usual compact point-and-shoot cameras:

Casio Exilim EX-S10
Light but after a while the shutter button becomes slow and slightly hard. Not a very good camera.

Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-S950
Still pretty light weighted, more suitable for a lady. The picture quality is an improvement from Casio. Colours are more vibrant.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S950

Fujifilm FinePix S2000
The camera we bought for our honeymoon. Very good image captured. Zoom was fantastic, as you can see from the pic (15x optical). First taste of what a DSLR body will feel like, at least the shape and size. Photo quality was good too.

Canon PowerShot SD800 IS
Best thing about this camera is the wide-angle lens. I think Canon has the best point-and-shoot cameras. The photos are warm and clear. Easy to use too.

Canon PowerShot G12
The step forward. This has to be the camera that launches us into the deeper waters. A birthday gift from me to Kless and she has taken so many fantastic photos till now. The only disadvantage is the night shots. Without adequate lightings, the night shots are not acceptable.

Our first Digital SLR: Nikon D90
Finally a dream toy for me. Still figuring out how to take manual photos, not relying on Auto mode. But I am totally enjoying the experience. The quality of the photos is excellent. Probably a bit heavy for Kless, but definitely a good buy for an entry level DSLR.

Be sure to see more photo trips from the Kuan Family. Check out my new blog ikuan Photo. Feel free to drop me any comments, especially on how to improve my photography skills or places we can go to take some nice pics.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Isaiah,

    would love to invite you and your children down to one of our events,
    Any chance you can provide me with an email address to send the information to?

    Cheers,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Amanda, thanks for the invite. you can email to isaiahkuan_74@singnet.com.sg

    ReplyDelete