Friday, July 20, 2012

Soon Soon Heng Bak Kut Teh

Have you tried the BKT in JB? Ever since a friend introduced me to this amazingly nice BKT opposite KSL City Mall, I have been their unofficial ambassador. We should share good things with family and friends right?

So this is the shop – Restoran Soon Soon Heng Bak Kut Teh.

DSC_1018

I brought my father-in-law there 3 times, first time it was close, second time it was sold out, finally on the third time, we got to taste the great food. So my advice, be there as early as possible.

DSC_1019

Side dish is Kless’ favourite – salted vegetable.

DSC_0996

Jayne enjoying a crispy you tiao.

DSC_1001

Good food is always worth the wait. So be prepared to wait a while as the soup and dishes are prepared only when you order.

DSC_1002

We ordered for 4 adults and 2 kids, the bill was M$103, that is just about S$41. Check out what did we ordered.

Bak Kut Teh for four. We added “tau kee” and “mushroom” twice.

DSC_1010

DSC_1012

For me personally, the chilli has to be good too, cos I’m not a huge lover of pork, but with the right chilli, I can eat as much BKT as anyone. Must be spicy enough and also chewable for me to add onto the meat.

DSC_1006

Adding on to the soup, you have to order these next 2 claypot. Pig trotters and sesame oil chicken with ginger. Eat it while its sizzling hot, yummy!

DSC_1008

DSC_1015

After the meal, don’t be a hurry to go. You still have one more thing to order. Cold and refreshing, this is the best way to clear the oil in your mouth.
Iced lemon honey grass jelly or simply 爱玉冰.

DSC_1003

Verdict:

thumb1  thumb1  thumb1  thumb1  thumb1

No comments:

Post a Comment