Friday, December 14, 2012

Lego Kids’ Event @ Hokey Pokey

Usually Kless and I will attend events with the kids together, but for once I alone brought Jayne out for a Lego event at Hokey Pokey.

DSC_4360

I felt so out-of-place, cos most of the parents there were mothers and I was dressed too young for a parent-child event. Trying to be hip-hop.

DSC_4363

Anyway, I had a great time with Jayne. I quite enjoyed the moments when she felt shy and clung on me. I felt so warm and loved. Attention-seeking father.

DSC_4370

DSC_4483

Hokey Pokey is not a very big playground, but the toys are quite a selection for the kids. Ranging from phones, cooking set, ironing board, slides, bouncy balls, figurines, etc.. No wonder all the kids had such wonderful time none of them were bored and wanted to leave.

DSC_4376

DSC_4388

DSC_4486

DSC_4384

As expected, Jayne spent most time at this miniature kitchen set. I wouldn’t mind buying a set for the girls if we have the space at home. Didn’t check the price, maybe cost is another reason why I have not done so yet.

DSC_4392

DSC_4397

Looks like I have someone to help me iron my shirts in future. Maybe another 15 years time..

DSC_4406

DSC_4404

After playing for a while, the main event for the day finally started. Lego building! Jayne sitting quietly while the teacher explains what is to be done. Thank God we chose a place nearer to the window so all the photos turned out fine.

DSC_4413

DSC_4418

DSC_4421

DSC_4430

DSC_4447

Jayne with her first project done. Her dream home. She explains there are office rooms in the house (maybe for daddy and mummy to work), there is also a swimming platform but no pool.

DSC_4452

DSC_4457

Well thought by the organizers, some light snacks were prepared for the hungry kids. Jayne munched on her favourite chicken wings like a woman on a mission. So much so, some of the staff and parents were so amused, they came over to take her photos too.

DSC_4468

DSC_4469

DSC_4474

And to wash it all down with a packet of apple juice. So cute.

DSC_4479

Second part of the lego building is to build your favourite animal. I thought that was super difficult lah. Anyway, Jayne’s favourite animal is a rabbit. So she did her best to build one. Can you see the piece of paper on the table that shows the animals?

DSC_4493

Viola! She has made it! She actually built a rabbit with lego!

DSC_4505

Don’t tell her it is not right, cos to her it is and that settles it =)

DSC_4509

A group photo before we leave. Jayne is visibly tired. Thank God I brought out the stroller that day, she fell asleep immediately after the event.

DSC_4510

Thanks for the invite, but more importantly, thanks for the chance to spend some 1-to-1 time with my little girl.

DSC_4530

No comments:

Post a Comment