Monday, May 13, 2013

I Hug My Mom 2013

Supported by the Singapore Kindness Movement, CHC organised the ‘I Hug My Mom 2013’ project. And this year, the families in our CG decided to join in and be part of this community project to show love and bring the message of Mother’s Day to the residents in Woodlands.

More than just that, our family was selected to be filmed for this movement.

DSC_9411

The girls are totally natural in front of the camera, in fact they were more than happy to be filmed. On the other hand, Kless who was a bit camera-shy. But I think she looks so happy and pretty!

DSC_9414

Happy Mother’s Day!

DSC_9401

After the preparation was done at home, we headed to meet Claire and her kids. This was truly a family community event.

DSC_9417

Jayne and Chernise were the 2 youngest members in this project. At 4, both of them played their part to encourage other children to give their Mom a hug.

DSC_9419

Probably due to the filming or we were just too excited for the project, we arrived at the meeting point 45mins early. Thankfully the meeting point was at Causeway Point, we just sat down for some breakfast and coffee.

DSC_9426 DSC_9427

A group photo for those who were early, before we were all drenched in sweat from the scorching sun. Did you realised that the colour code was red? Some of us wore the ‘I Hug My Mom’ t-shirt too.

DSC_9437

Yifei is the girls’ favourite uncle. Every time we go out, Uncle Yifei will be their tireless playmate.

DSC_9442

The pretty mommies who were on duty for the day.

DSC_9440

After the briefing, we are all ready to go! Target was at least 100 hugs!

DSC_9445

My able partner for the day, Joey. She ran tirelessly inviting the people to hug their moms. So proud of her!

DSC_9439

I Hug My Mom! To see more photos or find out what is the project about, click on this Facebook link.

IMG_6053 IMG_6057

It was a hot afternoon, and after almost 2 hours of hard work, the kids retreated to the comfort of the aircon area.

DSC_9446

DSC_9449

Jayne started her version of ‘horror’ drama. So cute! Jayden was the male lead cast.

DSC_9452

DSC_9453

DSC_9457

Stole a photo from Kless. The beautiful kids from our CG. *FYI, I was the one holding the placard*

IMG_6074

It was a resounding success @ Woodlands – I Hug My Mom 2013. Thank you all who came and supported the project.

DSC_9460

IMG_6089

IMG_6094

Happy Mother’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment