Monday, August 5, 2013

Singapore Botanic Gardens - Just Me

A rare Monday afternoon without much plans, I took a bus to Botanic Gardens with my camera.

DSC_2265

The Gardens is quite empty since it was a weekday and nearly 4pm. The perfect time to take some scenery shots without the human clutter.

DSC_2267

DSC_2275

Was trying out to shoot with manual mode, it took me quite a few shots to get something presentable. But definitely a good chance to hone my skills.

DSC_2285

DSC_2298

DSC_2300

DSC_2303

First time I venture deeper into the Gardens and saw a few of the Heritage Trees. Majestic mature trees are the natural heritage of Singapore and serve as green landmarks of our Tropical Garden City.

Malayan Terminalia or Jelawi
At 47m, this tree is one of the tallest trees in the Gardens. Located at the junction of Liane Road and Lower Ring Road.

DSC_2307

Kapok Tree or White Silk-cotton Tree
This 43m tall tree was received from the Gold Coast, Ghana in 1932. Located along Lower Ring Road.

DSC_2310

DSC_2311

Tucked in a quiet corner of the Gardens is this cactus gardens. If I ever have my own garden, I would definitely have a cactus portion.

DSC_2314

DSC_2317

DSC_2316

DSC_2329

It’s not rare to spot these cute little squirrels in the garden.

DSC_2321

DSC_2322

On the way out, I can’t help buy took this photo, I think I still prefer to shoot people.

DSC_2324

2 comments:

  1. I like the waterfall shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Von! Heard that you will be back in office next week =)

      Delete