Friday, February 28, 2014

People of Phnom Penh

Looking through my photos, I realised I didn’t post this group of pictures taken in my previous trip to Phnom Penh. So I have decided to post it now, so that I can remember the feeling before it is gone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He was enjoying a morning talk with his friends in one of the many street stalls. What caught me was the cigarette that was dangling on his lips. I walked over and asked to take a photo which he graciously agreed.

DSC_7220a

He was seated on a bike but seriously I don’t think he is able to ride alone.

DSC_7196a

Young chap that was just out and about to start this business in delivery, caught him just before he scooted off in his bike.

DSC_7197a

Initially his helmet visor was down and covered his face, when I asked to take a photo, he sportingly pushed up the visor to reveal his face for this picture.

DSC_7199a

She doesn’t know where to look, hiding behind her mother, she was trying to look at another friend just besides me. Cute.

DSC_7201a

This is the friend who was besides me and he insisted I take his photo too. Of course, I am more than happy to oblige. He shadowed me through the entire street and pointing out different ones for me to shoot. To a point I was afraid he would not leave me. Ha.

DSC_7202a

Just love the smile here. Though they may live in a shabby area and not much to their possession, but the contentment and happiness are things that cannot be bought.

DSC_7203a

I heard about it many times, but it was the first time I encounter it. This lady happily pose for my photo and subsequently stretched out her hand to ask for money. I initially thought no way, but ultimately I just gave her a dollar, just to bless her. Needless to say, she walked away happier than before.

DSC_7208a

This is probably one trade of coke & photo. I was looking to buy a bottle of coke and after paying, I asked for a photo chance, which she gladly agreed. Cool. I mean the coke.

DSC_7209a

This is a dangerous shot, because this man and several other friends were gambling behind one of the many huge lorries along the road. I happened to pass by and took a quick shot. You can see his slight displeasure at the disturbance.

DSC_7212a

Strolled into a kindergarten and can’t help but took some photos of the kids inside. Such an innocent face.

DSC_7213a

In the same school, I found this beautiful angel. Reminded me of my own girls when I was taking her photo.

DSC_7218a

Faces tell stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment