Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Family Wellness Day

Saturday is a sleep in day for me, but when the elder girl came back one night from school excitedly with a pink slip and announced that her school is organising a Family Wellness Day, I knew I’m not going to be able to sleep late last Saturday.

Seriously, how many parents will be so “on” to participate in such an activity where you need to reach the school as early as 7:45am to report and take the bus from Woodlands to Punggol? Yes, from the north all the way to the far away northeast. But I was so wrong!

DSC_8283

Caps on to ensure the girls can enjoy the morning walk without too much heat. Side note, the entire Kuan Family wore cap that day, a point that I am proud to have cultivated in the family, I am a cap-lover! =)

DSC_8284

Apparently, Lor Halus Wetland is a popular place for the elderly too. We had a hard time crossing the bridge, but all was fine since the girls were also quite fascinated by the new place.

DSC_8286

The peace and tranquillity is something money cannot buy.

DSC_8290

DSC_8291

One of the reasons I have always insisted on bringing the girls outdoor on the weekends is the chance to learn about things that they would usually not see or able to touch around a HDB flat. Like Mimosa aka Touch-me-not.

page

DSC_8325

DSC_8323 DSC_8329

 DSC_8330

These two girls are BFFs in school. I can’t describe how happy I felt to know that my girl has a good friend in school. One of those moments only a parent will understand.

DSC_8311 DSC_8312 DSC_8314

Family wellness = Girls playing at the playground + parents taking photos

 DSC_8341 DSC_8350 DSC_8366

DSC_8352

DSC_8339 DSC_8345 DSC_8363

Everyone had a good time, some small gifts for families who participated in the selfie contest.

DSC_8373

A family that plays together bonds together. Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment