Monday, July 21, 2014

CafeHop - Pies & Coffee

The latest hunt for one of our favorite activity brought us to Pies & Coffee. There are altogether 4 branches at Robertson Walk, Rochester Mall, Tanjong Katong and Turf City. We visited the branch at Robertson Walk.

_MG_2661

I like cafes that display their cakes and food right in front for us to choose. This also shows that they are confident of their food.

_MG_2662 _MG_2666

You can’t miss the pies if you are stepping into a shop with a name as ‘pies’.

Quiche Mushroom & Sweet Pea (S$6.00)

_MG_2663

Mixed Berry Tart (S$6.90)

_MG_2667

_MG_2687

The brunch was the specialty that excites the parents like us. Cos it is not too filling and the portion is just nice for our girls.

_MG_2680 _MG_2683

My personal favorite is the Hazelnut Banana Pancakes, stack of pancakes with fresh bananas in between each layer, dripping with thick yet not-so-sweet hazelnut spread. I enjoyed every mouth, almost to the extent of fighting it with my girls.

_MG_2681

Another selling point of the cafe is the above-average coffee. I wouldn’t say it’s the best, but I would give it 3.5 out of 5, which in my view, is not bad for a cafe that also provides nice food.

_MG_2674 _MG_2684

_MG_2675

It’s a blissful time to see my daughters enjoying a relaxed afternoon with us, cos weekdays are really just about work and studies for both parents and children. I treasure every weekend when we can spend some enjoyable and memorable time with them. This is my conviction, to create memories that the kids will remember forever when they are older and have their own worries and commitments.

_MG_2677

_MG_2678

No comments:

Post a Comment